About Me

My photo
I'm married, Im a manager at Victoria's Secert, love my dogs, and I graduated from ABC to be a Biblical counselor

Sunday, April 4, 2010

My town

Different places with a different viewpoint. If you want to know something about where you live and who are the people that you call neighbor, just take a drive down main street. You can find out alot about your bubble.






























highest point in Arlington









My town....I live in Arlington. Arlington is two types of towns, it is a prestige community with upscale shopping, dining, and entertainment. The other side is diverse, rustic, and in poverty. You wouldnt think that this would be the same place, but it is. Arlington there are so many different types of cultures, ideas, and lifestyles. I went for a drive the other day and captured my town by photos:




























I drove down one main street in my town. I didnt even go to each end. I put in a cd with some drivin music on it and just watched. It funny what you can learn by just observing and seeing what people will do and say.
















owner of a local fish market






Hispanic community paintings






















Outside this market a random guy tried to sell me name brand perfume. I detered him with a british accent.








accident just happened. rescue in action




































Ive lived in many places, been on mission trips, etc. You dont need to donate money to some random charity. You dont need to cross the border in order to reach the poor. Why dont you just drive down the street and help someone in need? It can be comfortable to help someone that you will never meet, but making a connection and reaching out in your community it outside of our thinking box. There is where the poverty is: right next door.


1 comment:

  1. "Outside this market a random guy tried to sell me name brand perfume. I detered him with a british accent."

    best quote ever.

    and this is true. Sometimes we can focus on far away places when we forget... someone around us needs help too.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List