About Me

My photo
I'm married, Im a manager at Victoria's Secert, love my dogs, and I graduated from ABC to be a Biblical counselor

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Thus sayeth the Lord

In the spirit of keeping current, here are a few things I know I've heard lately that after looking at some scripture context Jesus definitely said .....probably

"Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Couldn't you men keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter." Matt 26:40

"Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live." John 14:19



"But now, this is what the LORD says-- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1

"After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight." Acts 1:9

"He said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise." Mark 9:31

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27

"Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:16

 “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.” John 2:10

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy." Exodus 20:8


“All the days of his vow of separation, no razor shall touch his head. Until the time is completed for which he separates himself to the Lord, he shall be holy. He shall let the locks of hair of his head grow long." Numbers 6:5
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also." John 14:3

"So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables." John 2:15






In all seriousness though Jesus said lots of things. Some recorded and some not. The few words we do have of Jesus are contained in the New Testament, those who claim to be Christians would say it is limited to just that. I'm not so sure. All in all it seems to me that the few words we do have the message gets so twisted. To quote Rob Bell "Some things that are labeled Christian aren’t true, and some things that aren’t labeled Christian are true. Some atheists say lots of things that are true, and some Christians are full of shit.” In the constant search for what is truth and what is real I find myself singing a familiar tune of Christ asked us to love. Love God and others. So, in the end no matter what scriptures (canon or uncanon) say we must find a way to always take the words and filter them through the love of Christ.




Keep calm and love



34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”- John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List